Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Gala Ball


I've had a few busy weeks and let blogging fall behind. So, today I think I may write as many as four different entries. Hope y'all don't mind! Here's the thing, this post here will probably be the most interesting one for most of you who read along hoping to hear how my life is going. As you can clearly see in this picture, I was in a tux with a stormtrooper. That's how my life is going! AWESOME. Well, let's start with last weekend. Last Friday night there was a large regional YSA activity for people all across Virginia and the D.C. area. So, my good friend Daniel and I decided to get some tuxes and some dates and go have a grand ol' time at the Downtown Richmond Marriott. We all went out to dinner and had a great night of dancing and fun. I took a good friend of mine who is heading back to BYU Idaho on Tuesday. I've been fortunate to become good friends with her.
Well, Melissa and I had a good time and I got to dance with lots of other close friends as well. It got to the point during the dance that one of my friends was standing at the side while I was dancing with another friend and she started talking to me, saying that I hadn't asked her to dance and she just had to stand on the side, so the girl I was dancing with excused herself and I danced with the other girl. Haha. I was very popular and was asked to dance as often as I asked people to dance.
So, that was the dance, we had a great time and met a storm trooper afterwards. The next day a group of us got together for a group date and a hockey game where we all had seats on the ice. The game was awesome as we watched the Richmond Renegades win in an overtime shoot out. It was lots of fun and crazy times.
In other news, I had my first final this Tuesday for Property Law, I think it went okay. I hope so anyhow! Life's been busy but super good. Oh, yeah... and I have kind of started dating this girl, Crystal. She's not in any of the pictures I have up on here because so far I don't have a picture of just the two of us together, but she's great. She's a 2nd year dental student from Holladay, Utah. I was fortunate that she was willing to give me a dance when we were at the ball, and she was even willing to let me spend some hours with her last Saturday. For those of you who are counting, that is 3 dates I had last weekend... We studied together on Monday, as she had her last final on Tuesday and I had my first final. And then we went out with a bunch of friends to celebrate the end of her finals and watched the movie Australia. I like her. So there's that. Thanks for reading, hope you all keep reading down for the other posts I've just made. Also, I'm super lazy and don't feel like fixing the picture layout. So deal with it.

No comments: