Sunday, September 21, 2008

I forgot to do something...

Oh yeah! I haven't blogged in over a week. That's highly inappropriate, but bonus because of that is that you get to have two blog posts in a row with a hideous picture of me. Don't you feel so blessed? Well, I guess I have a whole week to get you caught up on, right? So let's get going!

Umm... what did I do this week? Oh, I have Internet in the house now, hence me blogging on a Sunday (because I would not be at school on a Sunday and that's the only place I had Internet before!) I am actually incredibly happy about that and finally got caught up on my Daily Show and Colbert Report. I never thought I'd say this but I'm glad they were off for a week when I didn't have Internet here, because I can't miss those shows! In other TV news, the season premiere of House was this week - and I'm excited for the new season.

We had a small ward temple trip this weekend and that was really nice. For lunch we went to a Kabob place in D.C. so I got to see my first little bit of the actual city. I'm definitely going to need to plan some time one of these weekends (probably several of these weekends) to go and check it all out.

School continues to go well and I am enjoying it. Although I am definitely not a big fan of my Mondays (my first class starts just after 8 and my last one ends just before 8).

Okay, onto the most exciting news - the Amazing Incredible Sadie Hawkins Dance Crashing Party of Funness. (Henceforth the AISHDCPF). So for the AISHDCPF my date and her roommate, Mindy, decided that it was lame to make the dance semi-formal and they weren't supposed to wear jeans and all that jazz, so they decided that since Lava Lavas are formal wear in some countries we would go that route. So, a group of about 6 of us were lavalavaed up ready for the good times to start at this dance thing the ward was trying to do. Once I got the bone properly put in my hair and Stephanie was loaded with a bat, and after we had all filled up on Arby's goodness we headed to the church gym. (Henceforth, the dance zone).

We triumphantly arrived at the Dance Zone and the AISHDCPF in full dance attire and commenced to get jiggy with it. Strangely, our arrival seemed to be the biggest moment of the evening that far, and at first I thought that we had stumbled upon some kind of middle school dance. Groups of people huddled together as dance music played, we quickly tried to fix this problem but just became a different huddle of people that was actually dancing - oh well, things started getting better after a while.

Later in the night, after loads of dancing goodness and impressing all with my incredible dancing abilities, we loaded 6 people into my car (it's only meant to seat 5, but since when do I care?) and went to get some ice cream. While eating our ice cream we found out all sorts of meanings for the word Mindy (apparently a Mindy is some sort of Wild Tyrannosaurus Rex Animalistic Woman with a deep voice that can commonly be found on New York City street corners and offers a specific type of service that you have to request by name). Now that you know that, you are ready to be entered into my secret society... contact me later with a code name.

Anyhow, the point of the story is that we all had a lot of fun, didn't get in too much trouble, and got to know each other a little bit better. (note: some day I will follow Julie's advice and let people talk about themselves instead of just talking about myself, unfortunately I am very conceited and love myself to death, as such I think everybody else must feel the same). Oh, random note: Sister Willis (one of the bishopric's wives) came up to me today at church and said "I need to know more about you after seeing your dancing on Friday night" and she even asked me where I learned to dance. Apparently she was unaware that I was clueless and merely did my best not to appear that way. Oh well. Good times! And that is today's blog post. I look forward to comments!

THIS WEEK'S PHOTO OF THE WEEK: Me, Asleep, On my bed! (aren't you excited? I'm just pretending to be asleep, by the way)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

some how i remember you being more handsome. the east has done something to you!!

JK....I LOVE YOU BROTHER!!!

Honeybee said...

I want to see a pic with you in the lavalava. I am pretty sure that would make my day! :)

Anonymous said...

What is a lavalava???

from heylady!