Monday, September 8, 2008

Settling In

So, I'm starting to get much more settled here. People are learning my name, I'm learning their names, it's really quite nice. And I even got to meet the bishop of my ward, so that's always a good thing. I wonder now, what am I going to write about to keep people up to date on what I'm doing? School's going well, law school's not that bad. I've got a lot of stuff to do but it's not overwhelming and I'm making a lot of good friends.

This weekend there was a birthday party for one of the members of my ward and it was nice to be able to gather and have fun with a lot of people and get to know them better. Unfortunately, it was my least favorite kind of party (sorry Evan) the kind where it's not really anything planned, just a bunch of food and a bunch of people. I like to do stuff! Saturday night the ward had a fun activity where people baked cookies and we got to judge them and then we watched the movie Enchanted. I had a couple of people ask me if I was on the activities committee because I was running some of the stuff, I just laughed and told them that I still hadn't met the bishop, how would I have a calling?

Oh, Saturday was also my first experience of a tropical storm, pretty much it was a lot of rain as Hannah came in, and as my roommate Jason said "you just hunker down and watch a lot of movies." It was neat, I'm not used to the warm rains that it brought, or that much rain at all. Guess that's what I get for coming from the high mountain desert.

My adventures with getting the air conditioning fixed in my car are continuing. The inspector called the repair shop today to say that he'd be there, so finally I'll get my second inspection and they can order parts. Sadly, he will be the 5th person to verify the exact same problem on my car, it's ridiculous! Right now I'm driving a sweet Chevy Aveo that can't lock on the driver's side door. Glad I don't have anything valuable in it! I guess I don't have much more to say right now, sorry this post was kind of boring.

2 comments:

Honeybee said...

hooray for meeting people! I am glad that things are going well for you. Yes...I am single. I know it is weird. I am still getting used to it. Hopefully in a little bit I will not have to say that anymore. Things with Jeff are going well.

Keep looking for that dental student! SMILE :)

Tara said...

Don't feel bad for not enjoying the party as much...not much compares to my annual, st. Patties Day Extravaganzas. Don't worry. You'll learn to appreciate other parties soon. hahaha