Monday, August 18, 2008

Arrival at a new home

So, I made it to Richmond today. That's an accomplishment. Suddenly, the entire reality of what this means is beginning to set in. My roommates here seem like great guys, and I don't foresee any problems with that at all. But I am just now realizing how powerful it is to say goodbye to almost everything you know and just set out on a new adventure. Other than those two men I met earlier tonight, I do not know a single soul for nearly 500 miles. That's a weird feeling. I don't know how well I would deal with that without the church. As for everything else, the campus here is beautiful and I'm looking forward to getting everything started. Hopefully the weather stays mild until I can fix my a/c. Life is good - Hopefully I adjust quickly to these changes.

One more note - in memory of my friend Kaleo who passed away this weekend while on vacation in Georgia. I've only known Kaleo for a few short months, but he was a good friend and a good man. I still remember the first time I talked with him, and I will miss him a lot. Life's not supposed to end while you're in your 20s, unfortunately for those of us who are left behind some people go on to eternity faster than others. Kaleo, you join a group of much loved people who I will remember fondly and my life is dimmer for your absence in it. Goodbye.

1 comment:

Joe & Miki Ha'o said...

Elder Adams!! Law School?? That is so cool! (This is Hermana Akoi by the way) I wish you the best of luck. And don't worry, you are not leaving everything you know behind. You simply take all those memories, people, and experiences with you and form new HAPPY ones. Easier said than done I know, but it's true.
I live in a pretty remote town right now but we are really making the best of it everyday! Im having a baby girl next Friday. My first child... Do you think I'll be okay as a mom? Hope so! Anyway, please keep in touch and check out our blog too.
Love,
Miki