Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Shorter Post following a Long Post


I said I would be posting a picture about once a week to make sure you don't all forget what I look like, the picture that appears to my left right now was actually taken on Friday night when I decided that, since I was going to the temple the next day, I would say that I had enough of my facial hair catharsis and shave - so that's about as hairy as I got. Eventually I'll grow a full beard, I think, just not yet. But I figure I ought to post a picture of how I look today, since it's been a week as well.... so at the bottom of this post you'll see that picture! Yay.

SO - I kinda screwed up last night, I just figured that it was okay to plan to go to FHE at 7 because, that's what I always did back in Utah. Well, unfortunately for me when I looked at my schedule for classes I only paid attention to the classes that were listed as Section 3 (my section of the incoming law class) and not at the classes that were labeled as Section 9 (the law class is divided in 3 sections for most classes but they divided into 12 sections for smaller classes when it comes to Law Skills and Legal Research). Apparently I have Law Skills from 6-7:40 every Monday Night. That means no Family Home Evening for me! Oh well, Jason and Matt (my roommates) have their own FHE every Monday so I'll at least get that.
I got an e-mail this morning asking me to stop by the admissions office. You see, in law school it's a much bigger deal when you miss a class and the classes are generally smaller - there are only 162 students in my entering class. So when 162 is divided by 12 that means you only have 13-14 students per classroom, which means my absence was noted. The instructors were concerned when I didn't show up and one of the women at the admissions office asked me about it. Now I've missed an important class and that's no good - I should be fine though, I'll just be behind. Sad day.
In other news, the continuing saga of getting my air conditioning repaired has some new updates. My warranty company won't pay for anything other than aftermarket parts and Mazda dealerships won't unstil anything but official parts, meaning that there's a gap in what my warranty will pay out and what Mazda would charge of about $1700. So I'm taking my car to a different shop to make a new claim and start everything all over again. The woman at the warranty company said that they shouldn't need to reinspect the car to verify that the parts need repair as long as I get it into another shop soon. Funny, they shouldn't need to reinspect at all, and they shouldn't have needed to inspect in the first place! Oh well... unfortunately I am now out a fair amount of money because of the technicalities of this issue because the warranty company basically forced me to rent a car and they won't pay for it unless they approve a claim, and since my claim is a new one if I go to a new shop I'm out the 3 days of car rental - that's a lot less than the $1700 difference though. Oh, and I also had to pay Mazda for the work diagnostic work they did - thank you warranty company, you suck. That is all I have to say for now! I like it here so far and I really am happy, other than the stupid car problems.

Oh, and this picture is of me sitting at my carrel in the law school library - good times!

No comments: