Monday, August 25, 2008

Washington, D.C. Temple

Unfortunately we are still in the process of getting Internet at my house, so that means that I only have Internet access when at school, and as such you don't get any weekend blogging. So, that explains that!

Saturday morning Jason, my roommate, invited me to join him and some friends who were going to the DC Temple, so I decided it would be a good thing to do. It was definitely a worthwhile experience and I was glad to be able to go. Funny, I guess I don't have that much to say about it - I went to church for the first time here in Richmond and it seems like a pretty good ward, hopefully I adjust quickly. I volunteered to help out with baptisms for the dead this coming Saturday so I'll have an early morning then as well, and another opportunity to meet new people.

This morning I officially started law school with my Property class and my Torts class. So far I don't understand why people are intimidated, but I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough. So far so good.

In other news, I am now driving around in a Chevy Cobalt because the warranty service's inspector didn't come to see the damage to my A/C unit on Friday and so I took my car back for the weekend and had to bring it back today in case he decides to show up, look in the car, and verify that the Mazda people are not lying to him. The best part about it is that I still don't know if they'll pay for my car rentals ($80 now) and once they finally confirm that my air conditioning needs fixed the dealership will still have to order the parts and wait until they arrive before they can fix the car. Meaning that my wonderful extended warranty has made it so I'll have to wait probably 2 weeks to fix a problem that should have been fixed in half a day once parts arrived. Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI IKE, MOM HERE. I'M GLAD THAT YOU WENT TO THE TEMPLE. I HEAR THAT THE D.C. TEMPLE IS VERY BEAUTIFUL. I'M SURE IT WON'T TAKE YOU LONG TO MEET AND HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS THERE. THAT'S JUST THE WAY YOU ARE. I AM MAILING YOUR WARRANTY AND CAR INFO TODAY SO YOU WILL HAVE IT THERE. LOVE YA! MOM